Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Having re read my post I may have given the wrong impression :whistle:

The car won’t disappoint far from it. It’s spacious but the driver and front passenger are cosseted by the console. Together with the comfortable seats your not going to go wrong with buying one.

Plastics yes I know recycled and maybe I was being hypercritical ☺. For a prototype the fit and finish was spot on. So whilst I am not backtracking on my comments on the feel of the plastics the interior has so much going for it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
"However the plastics did not feel of a particularly high grade. " Re-cycled plastic bottles, so what would you expect...
It seems like the car being shown is either a base-model EV6 or a prototype with mixed stylings.

The black plastic on the wheel arches is only for the base-level EV6. When the car was first released, lots of reviewers commented that those black wheel arch trims looked cheap on that model. The higher spec models all have the wheel arch in body colour-matched trim which really does look a lot better.

I hope the one I see on Friday isn't the base model. I test drove the base model Mustang Mach-E and was very disappointed with that car too!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've just noticed the seats aren't the two-tone "vegan leather" ones you get in the UK GT Line S - so perhaps this is a base-model.
I suspect your right as the wheel arch plastic gives it away.

Whilst we were there it was certainly attracting a lot of attention. I had to go back towards the end of the day to take the photo.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Seems to me that Kia UK are not doing themselves any favours by using a pre-production, non-standard trim car as an example of the EV6. And when will Kia make a vehicle available to test drive. Surely no one would follow through on an existing order without a test drive? Would they?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quite Robert. My local dealer thinks it will be around late September early October before they get a demo unit in.

I think those that have pre ordered can cancel if they are not happy with the vehicle once test driven.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The quality of the plastics will have nothing to do with being recycled. It will have to do with small batch production and prototype tooling. If you need to make 20 parts the tooling and materials are not the same for making 200,000 Kia would be bonkers to produce low quality looking or feeling parts on their flagship. Most press reviewers have been briefed on this as they all include a comment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The quality of the plastics will have nothing to do with being recycled. It will have to do with small batch production and prototype tooling. If you need to make 20 parts the tooling and materials are not the same for making 200,000 Kia would be bonkers to produce low quality looking or feeling parts on their flagship. Most press reviewers have been briefed on this as they all include a comment.
A very good point. Which is why I made the observation that the car was a prototype. Based on my own Sportage they are comparativ. Until we see a production car then we can make a judgment call. However it does not detract from the looks, finish and the amount of technology packed into the EV6.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts