Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Somebody on Facebook pointed out the Kia website and materials all say "synthetic leather with suede inserts." I went back through the various materials, and not one of the Canadian docs I have saved says "vegan suede" (or "synthetic").

So... does anyone know if it's real suede? It so smooth and uniform, I can't really tell.

EDIT: I'm actually looking for PROOF that in Canada it's synthetic suede (or not) - i.e. somewhere that Kia says it's synthetic. Please don't post a 3rd-party article, because I've seen ones that both say it's synthetic and those that say it's "real suede" and we all know a lot of those reviewers just phone it in.

·
Registered
Powered by diesel (for now).
177 Posts
Vegan I think is the new woke word for Fake.
But they need to get their own woke word for what follows.

Vegan Leather.
Vegan Sausages.
Vegan Mince.

No, just leave the names to normal folk, a sausage is a sausage etc, and keep yer Vegan crap. (wee rant :)).

• Haha
Reactions: robby-d

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vegan I think is the new woke word for Fake.
But they need to get their own woke word for what follows.

Vegan Leather.
Vegan Sausages.
Vegan Mince.

No, just leave the names to normal folk, a sausage is a sausage etc, and keep yer Vegan crap. (wee rant :)).
I'm 100% with you on this. If it's made out of dead dinosaurs is it really vegan?

There's a type of leather that's made out of cactus, to me that qualifies as being called vegan, but if it's made out of hydrocarbons I feel like we already have a name for that, it's called "plastic" 😂

All that said, though, I can't find anywhere in North American sites or materials where the suede is denoted as synthetic/vegan/plastic/recycled/non-animal. I've seen online reviews on major sites that declare it "real suede" but I don't trust anything those guys say, they've gotten so much else wrong why should we believe them on that?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Is anyone getting protective treatment for their "suede"?
Of course, the dealer made a big push to get this done but I don't usually listen to the post-sales stuff. The post-sales guy did say it was a good idea for those with dogs which is an argument that could sway me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
from Faux Leather, Fur and Suede: Made Possible by Plastics

Faux suede is an animal-friendly material made from polyester microfiber that’s woven into a thin, soft, but very tough plastic fabric. The plastic materials are more durable than natural suede, which is made from the delicate underside of an animal’s skin and often can tear.
Faux suede mimics the look and feel of natural suede, but the plastics are much less susceptible to water damage and can be easily cleaned. Because of its stain-repellant qualities, faux suede is especially suitable for clothing items prone to stains, such as shoes, jackets, and handbags. Faux suede also is significantly less expensive, so it’s a great money saving option.

So it's plastic based, and is significantly cheaper than the real suede. I guessed if one to expect real leather and suede, there's Bentley or Porsche eh :p

·
Registered