Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to replace my car and was considering a hybrid, after looking at an F Pace which after looking I wasn't enamoured with, my wife meantime fell in love with an i-pace. we hadn't considered an EV but after touring around the usual Mercedes, Audi, Volvo etc dealerships my wife couldn't see past the i-pace until we called at the Kia dealer and looked at the EV6 in Runway Red, she quickly forgot about the Jaguar and after a test drive we decided to make the jump and paid a deposit on a Red GT line S AWD with Heat Pump.
We ordered the car on 22nd October and have been told to expect it March/April 22, so for now we just have to wait patiently.
I have to say I am really looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Hi Machagar,
Looks like I am only a couple of weeks ahead of you in the que with same spec except my choice was "white" so waiting for March estimated delivery confirmation. If you read my "J to K" post you will see I have come out of an I Pace. The I-Pace was the best car to drive that I have ever owned ( I have tried a few, from Mini Cooper S in 1966 through V. Cavaliers, Mitsubishi, Citroen DX, Renault 16, MB, BMW 3, 5, X5, LR Disco 4's, RR Evoque, Jag F-Pace and lastly I-Pace. As others have mentioned the software side of the I-Pace was a source of continual problems though I believe the latest version is from totally different supplier and apparently improved but not without bugs. The final turn off for me was the supplying dealers derisory purchase offer of trade value at about £48K only for a top spec HSE. Suffice to say that a broker paid me £52.5K for the car with no hassle and money in the bank before taking away. Have since seen same car listed at £60K at a dealer about 300 miles away! More than happy to wait for the Kia after my test drive, I reckon after 3 years of the Kia, the depreciation will still be less than the further depreciation I would have had if I had kept the I-Pace. Time will tell :)

Reactions: machagar

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,994 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: machagar

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Machagar,
Looks like I am only a couple of weeks ahead of you in the que with same spec except ......
Hi Roy,

I did like the Jaguar I-Pace, but found it hard to justify the price particularly when you start adding the nice extras.
I have had a Porsche Macan Turbo for the last 5 years and absolutely loved it, but as I was looking for a hybrid or possibly full electric I couldn't justify the ludicrous cost to go to a Taycan.
I also think that the way things are going, give it a couple of years and battery technology etc will no doubt change dramatically which will obviously have an effect on residuals etc.
It may be a bit of a change to go from a Porsche to a Kia, but as another Fifer I think that whilst it may be thought expensive for a Kia, the EV6 is a lot of car for the money and any losses in the next few years won't exceed what it would cost me to pay for a name.

All the best

Kevin

Reactions: RoyT2Y

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a good friend who works for Porsche and I reliably informed the Taycan's have their fair share of problems so you made the right choice in not going that way. I see a few people on here moaning about heating, which i get but the list of issues with other new EVs is somewhat larger

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was looking to replace my car and was considering a hybrid, after looking at an F Pace which after looking I wasn't enamoured with, my wife meantime fell in love with an i-pace. we hadn't considered an EV but after touring around the usual Mercedes, Audi, Volvo etc dealerships my wife couldn't see past the i-pace until we called at the Kia dealer and looked at the EV6 in Runway Red, she quickly forgot about the Jaguar and after a test drive we decided to make the jump and paid a deposit on a Red GT line S AWD with Heat Pump.
We ordered the car on 22nd October and have been told to expect it March/April 22, so for now we just have to wait patiently.
I have to say I am really looking forward to it.
Well... my 'Feb/March' delivery is now, I have been told, JULY

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Well, I can't wait to July, having sold my I-Pace. So, in December I bit the bullet and bought a BMW iX3 Premier Edition Pro off the showroom floor, outgoing model against now facelifted tweaks edition.
Having enjoyed the car for a month happy to say "no regrets" and feel that in many respects is better than the Jag although rear wheel only, just as good to drive. So I guess Bibi Kia for at least 2 years.

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
Well, I can't wait to July, having sold my I-Pace. So, in December I bit the bullet and bought a BMW iX3 Premier Edition Pro off the showroom floor, outgoing model against now facelifted tweaks edition.
Having enjoyed the car for a month happy to say "no regrets" and feel that in many respects is better than the Jag although rear wheel only, just as good to drive. So I guess Bibi Kia for at least 2 years.
Have you told your dealer yet you have cancelled?

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
The Arnold Clerk Kia dealer in Kirkcaldy was totally upfront with news of the delay and promptly refunded my £99 deposit on my order when I said that I wasn't prepared an for an additional 3 to 4 months on the original Kia 6 months delivery estimate. This delay appears to only be on AWD S models with heat pumps, I was offered a March delivery for RWD only without heat pump, but now very happy with my Bimmer NOW 😊

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
The Arnold Clerk Kia dealer in Kirkcaldy was totally upfront with news of the delay and promptly refunded my £99 deposit on my order when I said that I wasn't prepared an for an additional 3 to 4 months on the original Kia 6 months delivery estimate. This delay appears to only be on AWD S models with heat pumps, I was offered a March delivery for RWD only without heat pump, but now very happy with my Bimmer NOW 😊
OK glad your now happy with the BMW, Me and others are well past the 6 months you were quoted and still waiting.

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
The IX3 is more expensive then the EV6 and the IX3 is more a SUV and the EV6 is not.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Hi JK,
Absolutely agreed, think BMW was about £6k more than agreed price for GT Line S AWD with HP. I was certainly disappointed to be told of the big delay. However I had tried a test drive in Kia and as I then found the BMW as one of the few remaining EV's available now with a spec (e.g. HUD) that I wanted, I took the opportunity and can at least feel that the price is justified in the premium feel of the cabin etc. and relieved that the driving enjoyment is more than I hoped for. You pays your money...... Time will tell but as I don't have that many new cars left in my advancing years, quite happy to enjoy each day as it comes. Will no doubt look at Kia again in another 3 years (SWMBO and safe driving ability permitting) but best wishes with yours!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have to place £2000 depoist with my dealer, guess it dealer specific, as another Kia branch wanted £1000

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
An Edinburgh branch wanted £500 deposit prior to test drive availability "returnable" with additional £1K on order, Dunfermline wanted £500 and AC Kirkcaldy were happy to take my order with £90.
Promptly refunded on delay cancellation, which was before I placed order for BMW across the road with Harry Fairbairn BMW also with £99, which I subsequently discovered is also owned by AC. - It's a minefield out there!

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
Hi JK,
Absolutely agreed, think BMW was about £6k more than agreed price for GT Line S AWD with HP. I was certainly disappointed to be told of the big delay. However I had tried a test drive in Kia and as I then found the BMW as one of the few remaining EV's available now with a spec (e.g. HUD) that I wanted, I took the opportunity and can at least feel that the price is justified in the premium feel of the cabin etc. and relieved that the driving enjoyment is more than I hoped for. You pays your money...... Time will tell but as I don't have that many new cars left in my advancing years, quite happy to enjoy each day as it comes. Will no doubt look at Kia again in another 3 years (SWMBO and safe driving ability permitting) but best wishes with yours!
Thank you,

Just looked at the IX3 and only RWD so not for me. shame as the rest looked like worth a look.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts