Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting basic walk through of Kia Connect with obligatory comments about the slowness of the app.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That is awfully slow :-(
Volvo v60 phev from 2012 did not have these issues, it worked like a charm. Hope it is more a server capacity issue that the need to extend..

·
Super Moderator
518 Posts
Hopefully when Kia realise there is an issue they will be working to improve the function and speed of there app.

·
Registered
EV6 77kWh RWD Steel Grey (05/22)
160 Posts
Kia will do nothing as it sells cars easily and that's just how these companies work.

We need an app, just so we can say that there is an app. Just checking off features against competitors, not really caring about what customers think about the app or how bad or useful it is.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line S AWD with Heat Pump
7 Posts
That is awfully slow :-(
Volvo v60 phev from 2012 did not have these issues, it worked like a charm. Hope it is more a server capacity issue that the need to extend..
Whether the car information is being sent straight to the phone app, or (more likely) through an intermediate cloud-based server, either way the car has to have an internet connection. This will be a GSM/Phone SIM and the connection speed from the car will vary enormously depending on which network the car is connecting on and how far away the nearest cell transmitter is. My guess is that having your car in the garage while you run the tests isn't going to help! It's probably only getting a GPRS or Edge rated connection.

I think we'd all be interested in hearing feedback from those on here who are lucky enough to have some real-world (UK) experience.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My app screen looks nothing like the screen in the video. Is that the same for everyone else?

·
Registered
EV6 77kWh RWD Steel Grey (05/22)
160 Posts
This app really looks like it was designed around the same time as Windows 98. This looks really outdated :ROFLMAO:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts