Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my car is in normal mode, if I push the pedal to the floor, and release it quickly (less then half a second of flooring it) the car will continue to accelerate quickly without my foot on the pedal. It will continue to accelerate for about a second. It only does this in normal mode.

is anyone willing to test this out and see if their EV6 does the same? All you need to do is put the car in normal mode, while doing 10-20mph quickly press the pedal all the way down and Immediately release the pedal completely, the car should continue to jolt forward even with your foot off the pedal for a second.

· Registered
23 Posts
I experienced the issue of continued acceleration after brief, full throttle lift off. Super not cool! I've never had a car that didn't stop accelerating after pedal lift off. When I need to squirt the car into traffic, I've learned to roll on the power, rather than stomp it at the lower speeds to avoid it. I hope they come up with a fix for it. Seems dangerous to me.

· Administrator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,354 Posts
As there is no accelerator cable as per old days it must be a slight delay between the pedal sender and the car.

I wonder if there is any adjustment the dealers can do to this as it should be pretty instant to be fair.

· Registered
113 Posts
My car does this as well, but it's not accelerating, its just not instantly activating engine braking like a gas car would when the throttle body closes
Its coasting for a second..... It just feels like its accelerating because you are used to having the feeling of what a gas car does when you lift off the throttle.

· Registered
433 Posts
My car does this as well, but it's not accelerating, its just not instantly activating engine braking like a gas car would when the throttle body closes
Its coasting for a second..... It just feels like its accelerating because you are used to having the feeling of what a gas car does when you lift off the throttle.
Tried this today also. I get the same feeling. The huge acceleration is only damped by a second of no acceleration, and then the regen starts on the deceleration. If the programming was to just chop the huge acceleration, the car would fall on its nose and this might just feel worse. Its a new car platform. I am sure as time goes on, and real updates start to come available, there is something in the works to smooth it out some more.

· Administrator
3,354 Posts
Tried this today also. I get the same feeling. The huge acceleration is only damped by a second of no acceleration, and then the regen starts on the deceleration. If the programming was to just chop the huge acceleration, the car would fall on its nose and this might just feel worse. Its a new car platform. I am sure as time goes on, and real updates start to come available, there is something in the works to smooth it out some more.
If you have regen at 0 I am sure you would just coast, if on max regen then the affect of slowing down would be more felt.

Worth trying different modes as the affect will be different.

· Registered
578 Posts
The OP specifically cited that the experience only occurs in Normal mode, but none of replies, which do add useful info and thoughts, address that specific. Assuming it is not a fault, seems strange that KIA would map Normal mode throttle response to have a period of acceleration after pedal lift off, and yet sports mode does not ?

· Administrator
3,354 Posts
The OP specifically cited that the experience only occurs in Normal mode, but none of replies, which do add useful info and thoughts, address that specific. Assuming it is not a fault, seems strange that KIA would map Normal mode throttle response to have a period of acceleration after pedal lift off, and yet sports mode does not ?
Its not unheard of as the mapping would be different for each mode.

· Registered
433 Posts
I tested in Normal Mode, Regen level 2.

Like indicated, just floor it even from just going 10-20mph already and left off quickly. Strange feel when you expect the car to decel as hard as it accel but it coast a second and in your mind, you are off the power, and then the decel.

· Registered
17 Posts
I expect is is still accelerating but at a slower rate while physics quickly take hold to reduce the effects of the power initially applied.

· Registered
433 Posts
Gosh, now I know what this feels like, it is annoying when a car is really close to you in front and you hit the petal to the mat, and release, and the car keeps getting closer fast before the decel hits.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts