Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my chosen dealership today to talk price ahead of my EV6 FE arrival.
I asked the Sales manager if they were going to sell me the car for sticker.
I already figured from an earlier discussion, that they were going to mark it up between $3k and 7k, but check out the next line.

He told me that the Market adjustment would be $10,000 to $15,000 dollars!!!!
I asked him if I was maybe getting a full blown GT for that price and he just looked at me and said that was the market right now

$75,000-$80,000 ballpark out the door for an FE!
Ain’t gonna happen.
They want to keep the car for themselves I know, because I heard one sales rep say that he couldn’t get one of the 1500 and he wasn’t happy about it.

Man did I make a mistake going to a Mom and Pop dealer over a larger Atlanta one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would definitely let Kia know about this one. Market adjustments suck, and I think normally Kia doesn't have much they can do. But marking it up a crazy amount so they can keep it for themselves seems a little different. Kia might be extra unhappy about that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I already figured from an earlier discussion, that they were going to mark it up between $3k and 7k, but check out the next line.

I asked him if I was maybe getting a full blown GT for that price and he just looked at me and said that was the market right now

Ain’t gonna happen.
They want to keep the car for themselves I know, because I heard one sales rep say that he couldn’t get one of the 1500 and he wasn’t happy about it.

Man did I make a mistake going to a Mom and Pop dealer over a larger Atlanta one.
Which dealership is this?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
306 Posts
I would definitely let Kia know about this one. Market adjustments suck, and I think normally Kia doesn't have much they can do. But marking it up a crazy amount so they can keep it for themselves seems a little different. Kia might be extra unhappy about that.
Yes definitely notify KIA Consumer Affairs. They should be selling it at MSRP as KIA America sent a letter to dealers notifying that they should be selling the FE to reservation holders at MSRP. If you didn't choose your dealer of choice, they wouldn't even have the car in the first place. They paid nothing for marketing either since it was all handled through KIA America. Once the FE gets released and none of them sell due to huge markup it won't be good for the KIA Brand overall as media will cover this as another Bronco incident.

·
Registered
GT-Line.
491 Posts
Yes definitely notify KIA Consumer Affairs. They should be selling it at MSRP as KIA America sent a letter to dealers notifying that they should be selling the FE to reservation holders at MSRP. If you didn't choose your dealer of choice, they wouldn't even have the car in the first place. They paid nothing for marketing either since it was all handled through KIA America. Once the FE gets released and none of them sell due to huge markup it won't be good for the KIA Brand overall as media will cover this as another Bronco incident.
Not only were Bronco buyers paying above the norm, but they were also troubled with reliability issues and no hard top.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Ain’t gonna happen.

Just let Kia corporate know in a nice email then they’ll take care of the dealer for you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok I went to the Ford dealership to drive this Maverick hybrid and Kia called. They said that since my extended family and I are buying two EV6’s, they’ll sell me the matte gray one for $5000 over MSRP!

Wow, what a change from $10k-15K to $5k just like that.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Ok I went to the Ford dealership to drive this Maverick hybrid and Kia called. They said that since my extended family and I are buying two EV6’s, they’ll sell me the matte gray one for $5000 over MSRP!

LOL still over MRSP. Maybe they'll call later and give it to you at MSRP.

·
Registered
609 Posts

It sounds like Kia corporate called them and told them to be reasonable and I guess that's their definition of reasonable. 🤦‍♂️
So does that mean they still want you to pay $10k-$15k over MSRP for the other one?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It sounds like Kia corporate called them and told them to be reasonable and I guess that's their definition of reasonable. 🤦‍♂️
So does that mean they still want you to pay $10k-$15k over MSRP for the other one?
I did not give them the dealer info yet, they just offered to call the dealership at that time, so I don't think that Corporate has done that yet.
Maybe the actual call would get me the EV6 at msrp?

On the second car;
The way that my MIL is with buying cars, she could "let them keep" hers and she'd be ok with it I think.
Then they could make some bigger money off of one at least.

One last thing, the Sales manager said that every dealership is supposed to have some type of EV6 by Super Bowl time.
Must be some type of promotion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is exactly why the dealership model needs to be killed off, and head to the model that Tesla and all the other BEV companies are going for (including Polestar, and also Volvo for its BEVs) -- online ordering at MSRP with no haggling over price. Have dealerships prep the cars, have demo models, and do servicing -- but never have dealerships hold dozens of new cars on the lot that they spec themselves and that they have to purchase from manufacturers, and never have employees at dealerships be paid on commission (salary only, with good benefits).

·
Registered
306 Posts
I did not give them the dealer info yet, they just offered to call the dealership at that time, so I don't think that Corporate has done that yet.
Maybe the actual call would get me the EV6 at msrp?

On the second car;
The way that my MIL is with buying cars, she could "let them keep" hers and she'd be ok with it I think.
Then they could make some bigger money off of one at least.

One last thing, the Sales manager said that every dealership is supposed to have some type of EV6 by Super Bowl time.
Must be some type of promotion.
I feel like all FE holders will get their EV6 during Super Bowl week in time for their advertising of the EV6.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This is exactly why the dealership model needs to be killed off, and head to the model that Tesla and all the other BEV companies are going for (including Polestar, and also Volvo for its BEVs) -- online ordering at MSRP with no haggling over price. Have dealerships prep the cars, have demo models, and do servicing -- but never have dealerships hold dozens of new cars on the lot that they spec themselves and that they have to purchase from manufacturers, and never have employees at dealerships be paid on commission (salary only, with good benefits).
Lol. Good luck

You know how much money dealerships donate to politicians and lobby across the US?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts