Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed/called all the dealers around to see what they are asking. I thought I would share here to save others some time. Most also required either $500 or $1,000 non-refundable deposit.

West Hills Kia in Bremerton: "MSRP" but mandatory $1796 in dealer add ons: Pulse, floor mats, cargo tray, and window tinting. ETA was 6-9 months (from talking to other dealers, I think West Hills Kia has a small allocation so it will take longer to get a car from them than other dealers)
Olson Kia in Shoreline: in early March they were $3,000 over MSRP and didn't give me a more recent number. Might match prices
Everett Kia: $5,000 over MSRP, won't match
Lee Johnson Kia in Kirkland: $4,000 over
Car Pros Kia in Renton: didn't hear back
Puyallup: $2,000 over, no deposit
Hanson Kia in Olympia: $5,000 over, no match
Smith Kia of Bellingham: $6,000 over

I ended up placing an order yesterday with Puyallup Kia, I decided $2k over MSRP is reasonable, and I'd rather do that than buy from somewhere else and then pay perhaps a similar amount to ship the car. They required me to come in person to place to order, but no deposit. I started from the web and DeSean Drayton from their internet group helped me, it was a great experience. They said I'm 11th in their order queue, and based on the rate that they've had EV6's coming in, they estimate 90 days until my car comes in.

I hope this info helps others!

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and I ended up ordering a Wind AWD with Tech package in Red with black interior. I would have liked the heads up display but didn't like other aspects of the GT-Line, so decided just to stick with the Wind.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh, and I ended up ordering a Wind AWD with Tech package in Red with black interior. I would have liked the heads up display but didn't like other aspects of the GT-Line, so decided just to stick with the Wind.
I went through a similar and frustrating excercise with Kia dealers in Washington. I ended up buying my Snow White Pearl Wind/AWD w/Tech from Weston Kia in Gresham. They were wonderful to work with, sold at MSRP with a very generous trade on my previous car. Did pretty much everything by phone or text and spent less than an hour at dealer when I closed the deal. You will love this car. I'm more impressed by it each day. Be prepared to spend some time learning about all the features and functions, there are boatloads of them. It has taken me about three weeks and 1500 miles to get things setup in a way that I'm pleased with all the configurations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
West Hills Kia in Bremerton: "MSRP" but mandatory $1796 in dealer add ons: Pulse, floor mats, cargo tray, and window tinting. ETA was 6-9 months (from talking to other dealers, I think West Hills Kia has a small allocation so it will take longer to get a car from them than other dealers)
We ordered last week from West Hills Kia and they "only" ask for a $299 Pulse and sell at MSRP (plus $150 doc and $200 registration feed). There is a $500 non-refundable deposit.
No timeline for delivery. They told me that it'll take 2-3 weeks after entering the order for Kia to provide them a timeframe. (Model is a Wind AWD + Tech package).
They had one in stock with when I e-mailed initially with the $1796 "accessories" (which was not the color we liked and no tech package), Then the sales associate offered the $299 "only". I hope they stick to it, but overall good experience with the communication/responsiveness.

I also email Weston Kia in OR, but no response.
Called Lee Johnson Kia: Will add Markup to a custom order as well.

Peter

·
Registered
64 Posts
We ordered last week from West Hills Kia and they "only" ask for a $299 Pulse and sell at MSRP (plus $150 doc and $200 registration feed). There is a $500 non-refundable deposit.
No timeline for delivery. They told me that it'll take 2-3 weeks after entering the order for Kia to provide them a timeframe. (Model is a Wind AWD + Tech package).
They had one in stock with when I e-mailed initially with the $1796 "accessories" (which was not the color we liked and no tech package), Then the sales associate offered the $299 "only". I hope they stick to it, but overall good experience with the communication/responsiveness.

I also email Weston Kia in OR, but no response.
Called Lee Johnson Kia: Will add Markup to a custom order as well.

Peter
If you want to work with Weston, my salesman was Steve Olson. He agreed it was fine to share his information with folks interested in an EV6. He knew what I wanted and called when he saw one inbound, gave my CC info and marked it sold.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went through a similar and frustrating excercise with Kia dealers in Washington. I ended up buying my Snow White Pearl Wind/AWD w/Tech from Weston Kia in Gresham. They were wonderful to work with, sold at MSRP with a very generous trade on my previous car. Did pretty much everything by phone or text and spent less than an hour at dealer when I closed the deal. You will love this car. I'm more impressed by it each day. Be prepared to spend some time learning about all the features and functions, there are boatloads of them. It has taken me about three weeks and 1500 miles to get things setup in a way that I'm pleased with all the configurations.
My experience with Weston in early March went much differently. They wanted $4k above MSRP and would not budge. Or rather, they did offer to take $1k off - but also lowered my trade by $1k. The salesperson was nice enough, but the 'sales manager' she kept running to wasn't interested in selling me the car, in my opinion. The difference may be that I was looking at a GT model - I can't think of any other reason the experience would have been so much different than yours.

I had been reluctant to go to Weston in the first place because when I shopped my Stinger 3 years ago, they didn't reply to me for almost a full month - and by then, I already had my car in the driveway for a few weeks, bought from Ron Tonkin Kia in Gladstone. Unless I see an insane deal from them in the future, I doubt I will shop there again.

I am incredibly happy that you were able to have a much better experience there than I did, Montanero! :)

I did jump across the river to other Kia dealers in Portland, OR, and every single one of them had a minimum markup of $4k. Some, like Beaverton, were considerably higher.

For WA dealers, I contacted a few of the same ones that the OP listed with the same or similar results, but have one to add.

Dick Hannah Kia in Vancouver has a $3k markup, no deposit to order. They had me go through the builder program, I put in all my trade info, insurance info, etc. took perhaps 20 minutes or so. No time-frame given.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My experience with Weston in early March went much differently. They wanted $4k above MSRP and would not budge. Or rather, they did offer to take $1k off - but also lowered my trade by $1k. The salesperson was nice enough, but the 'sales manager' she kept running to wasn't interested in selling me the car, in my opinion. The difference may be that I was looking at a GT model - I can't think of any other reason the experience would have been so much different than yours.

I had been reluctant to go to Weston in the first place because when I shopped my Stinger 3 years ago, they didn't reply to me for almost a full month - and by then, I already had my car in the driveway for a few weeks, bought from Ron Tonkin Kia in Gladstone. Unless I see an insane deal from them in the future, I doubt I will shop there again.

I am incredibly happy that you were able to have a much better experience there than I did, Montanero! :)

I did jump across the river to other Kia dealers in Portland, OR, and every single one of them had a minimum markup of $4k. Some, like Beaverton, were considerably higher.

For WA dealers, I contacted a few of the same ones that the OP listed with the same or similar results, but have one to add.

Dick Hannah Kia in Vancouver has a $3k markup, no deposit to order. They had me go through the builder program, I put in all my trade info, insurance info, etc. took perhaps 20 minutes or so. No time-frame given.
I'm thinking you are correct that they may be less willing to negotiate on the GT as i know they had a Yacht Blue GT a few weeks ago that they would not sell for less than several $$ over MSRP. I actually prefer the Wind trim for various reasons, only things I would like to have gotten is the HUD, Ambience lighting. I prefer the seats in the Wind by a mile.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm thinking you are correct that they may be less willing to negotiate on the GT as i know they had a Yacht Blue GT a few weeks ago that they would not sell for less than several $$ over MSRP. I actually prefer the Wind trim for various reasons, only things I would like to have gotten is the HUD, Ambience lighting. I prefer the seats in the Wind by a mile.
You hit the nail on the head - it was that Yacht Blue one a few weeks ago I was after. LOL I would be happy with any of the interiors honestly, I genuinely like them all. I did get an email a week later from the salesperson saying they had sold it, but offered to help me find 'something else'.

When I bought my Stinger a few years ago, I thought the HUD was a novelty and nothing more. Now - I would be sad to have to live without it! LOL. Ambience lighting is also nifty, too.

Congrats again on scoring your ride! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts