Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might prove to be an interesting question & answers. What are you paying in your area for electricity per kWh? Include all charges reflected on your bill. (Distribution Service, Generation, Transmission, Fuel, Sales & use surcharge, taxes, and anything else you might be charged for on your bill. Also please include your general area in the US or wherever else on the planet you may happen to live. (Please indicate) Also, Does your utility offer a discount for EV's

For me in central Va. USA = .13 per kWh

·
Registered
11 Posts
In the Netherlands my current price is around €0.25 per kWh but I have a variable tariff and soon a on the spot tariff so should be a lot cheaper during the night (and using my PV during the day)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Orlando / Central Florida area

$0.11 per kWh for first 1000 kWh
$0.15 per kWh for above 1000 kWh

Doesn't matter night or day.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Out here in the Phoenix, AZ area SRP has an EV program, $1k rebate for registering your EV in the program (vehicle has to be bought in AZ to qualify), charging rate is listed at approximately .06 to .08 cents per Kwh between off peak and super off peak (11 - 5am) peak is .10 (winter Nov to April) up to .25 cents during peak times.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Now this is the part that I like. Finally my power company just below Atlanta is offering great rates for Super Off peak EV charging.
When I had my Nissan Leaf, they didn't offer 0.05 cents per kWh.
It's 10.55 Cents for the regular Residential rate right now with a basic monthly service charge of $31.
  • Super Off-Peak: 0.05 Cents per kWh between the hours of 12 a.m. and 6 a.m. daily
  • Off-peak: 0.0955 Cents per kWh between the hours of 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. and 12 a.m. daily
  • On-peak: 0.1706 Cents per kWh between the hours of 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. daily

·
Registered
32 Posts
  • Super Off-Peak: 0.05 Cents per kWh between the hours of 12 a.m. and 6 a.m. daily
  • Off-peak: 0.0955 Cents per kWh between the hours of 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. and 12 a.m. daily
  • On-peak: 0.1706 Cents per kWh between the hours of 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. daily
Mailman, I assume you're on GA Power? Your rates are different than what I'm getting in Atlanta. You have to be careful with them, they aren't very transparent with their rates. You also have to look at the separate tariff rates that apply to all plans. They end up adding about 5 cents per kwh (IIRC) to all their published rates. That super off peak rate they advertise @ 1 cent/kwh is actually over 6 c/pkwh (n)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just realized Mailman13's peak times are a bit different than mine, so he may be on a different provider than GA power. And I ASSUME he means dollars where he says cents :oops:

So to add to the data, in Atlanta we have several plans to choose from, but the "EV" plan that offers the overnight off peak rates are roughly:
  • On-peak: $.253/kWh between the hours of 11am and 2pm M-F, June-September only
  • Super Off-Peak: $.064/kWh between the hours of 11pm 7am daily
  • Off-peak: $.117/kWh all the rest of the time
They do offer a similar plan with lower rates, but it adds a surcharge for peak KW usage, which is too unpredictable.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I rounded up my numbers, can't believe how creative they can get with these fraction of cents, which we know they just round up anyways, when they bill you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mailman, I assume you're on GA Power? Your rates are different than what I'm getting in Atlanta. You have to be careful with them, they aren't very transparent with their rates. You also have to look at the separate tariff rates that apply to all plans. They end up adding about 5 cents per kwh (IIRC) to all their published rates. That super off peak rate they advertise @ 1 cent/kwh is actually over 6 c/pkwh (n)
Actually I’m on Flint Energies. I’m in Centerville Ga, but I use ATL for reference since nobody seems to know about Robins AFB when I post about it.😁

Ga power that services houses near me, has had the discounted EV rates for some time. Flint got them some time after.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In Denmark we get a refund of about 0,15 Euro/0,17 USD for every kWh used for charging the car. I give app. 0,26 Euro/0,30 USD for electricity from my dealer. So when the refund has been deducted my kWh price is 0,11 Euro/0,13 USD. Our electricity comes 100% from Danish windmills.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts