Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just today we were using remote start on my 2022 AWD Wind Tech. We were having difficulties connecting with the app. But now there are no buttons on the Kia Access App with my iPhone. It still says "Remote Start" and has the yellow to the right of that "climate off". But the buttons for the remote start and stop are gone???

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just today we were using remote start on my 2022 AWD Wind Tech. We were having difficulties connecting with the app. But now there are no buttons on the Kia Access App with my iPhone. It still says "Remote Start" and has the yellow to the right of that "climate off". But the buttons for the remote start and stop are gone???
I guess when you think about it, there's no other reason in an electric car like the EV6 to "start" the car unless it's to warm it up. So having a "start climate" & a "remote start" for the car in general, is redundant. I don't know how long the climate control will work to warm up the battery & the car once it's started with the app.

· Registered
433 Posts
The words are there for what it calls REMOTE START... but, the button from what I remember has always been START CLIMATE.. Once you start the climate, it will either heat the interior, or start the cooling process. Of course, if you are in the USA, it will reset your Degrees from F to C on the car. That is annoying.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think they may be referring to the nav update; the Kia Access current/latest version that's available in the Apple app store is 5.9.3, at least that's what I'm seeing when I checked there just prior to typing this reply.
Yes, 5.9.3 is the version I have. I downloaded it yesterday.

I could have sworn there were start & stop buttons below remote start. My wife concurs. Now they're gone, but no big deal I always kinda wondered what the diff is between remote starting the car and beginning the climate function. All you have to do to start the car is get in and push the button. May have to lock to get the climate function to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts