Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I recall PPG paint suggests,
That you can use window cleaner that does not have ammonia ingredients, in order to remove soils, sap or bugs from your matte paint.
This is what I use, and it works well.
Being that it Foams and saturate the area and has a lifting quality to it.
I spray some on the site,
Then I wipe downwards from top to the ground.

From PPG page:

• Alcohol-based window cleaner (not vinegar- or ammonia based) or mixture of 50% alcohol and 50% deionized water.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn’t use a glass cleaner on the paint. It’ll leave the paint completely stripped of any kind of protection you had on it.
And yet, OEM Paint Manufacturer PPG says that it is Fine for spot removals on matte/low shine finishes.
You can always follow up with some type of Matte Conditioner.

But I do respect your concern.

·
Registered
287 Posts
And yet, OEM Paint Manufacturer PPG says that it is Fine for spot removals on matte/low shine finishes.
You can always follow up with some type of Matte Conditioner.

But I do respect your concern.
Sorry, I didn’t see that it was regarding matte paint. That is a different story. You can’t put wax or similar protection on matte paint so there’s nothing for a glass cleaner to remove unwantedly.

I would still use a cleaner specifically made for matte paints though, unless it’s mentioned on your cleaner spray that it’s fine for matte paints. If not - and you or anyone else suddenly experience some unwanted issues from using it - the manufacturer can just say “sorry m8, can’t help ya - didn’t you read the word “glass” in giant letters on the bottle?”.

If I were you I would put ‘matte paint” or similar in the thread title.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts