Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum, having recently decided to get an EV6 when available. I'm going to wait until late 2022 for the GT version based on the specs, but I was curious about the term "-Line" used with the GT-Line version. A forum search did not yield any results, so it appears the rest of the world is already clued in on this and I'm out of the loop.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The something-line is often used in cars as a trim option. Audi has S Line, S being their sporty models like S3/4/5/6/7 etc. Kia also uses this as GT-Line, with GT being their sporty model. Some carmakers do it a little differently. BMW use M Sport, with M being their classification for sporty models like M2/3/4/5 etc. I am sure there are more examples. Buy something-Line really leans towards the trim of the car. Kia also has Air, Audi also have Sport, Volvo use S and T not -line though I think.. I hope this helps.

Here are the Kia EV6 trim packages attached. Check page 2

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the explanation and the specs. That wasn't a term I was familiar with here in The Colonies. I too am looking forward to the performance. We have many rolling 2-lane roads here in Texas (A-road class?) with legal 75-80 mph limits and no competing traffic for miles, but will have to come to grips with the charging mentality when traveling through sparsely populated areas. But up for the new adventure. Hope the congestion at the Pacific ports is cleared up by then (I'm assuming they will be coming in through there).

Thanks again.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Sounds great and sounds like you wont have the same battery temp issues we have been seeming, cold battery or coldgate as they call it = fewer miles and slow charge in some cases.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did see the temp issues mentioned in other posts and Youtube videos. I think we are temperate enough here (still in shorts and t-shirts today) where it shouldn't be a concern most of the time. Last February was bizarre when the whole state froze over, including the huge wind farms out west, but that was rather biblical and hopefully won't be repeated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The something-line is often used in cars as a trim option. Audi has S Line, S being their sporty models like S3/4/5/6/7 etc. Kia also uses this as GT-Line, with GT being their sporty model. Some carmakers do it a little differently. BMW use M Sport, with M being their classification for sporty models like M2/3/4/5 etc. I am sure there are more examples. Buy something-Line really leans towards the trim of the car. Kia also has Air, Audi also have Sport, Volvo use S and T not -line though I think.. I hope this helps.

Here are the Kia EV6 trim packages attached. Check page 2
Thanks, much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts