Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title asks, what newer EV's have you driven?What were your like and dislikes?
I drove the Mach-E and enjoyed it. It was quiet, and I liked the size and interior layout, but I will say I was not crazy about the massive infotainment screen. The ride was a bit on the harsh side and it did seen to have some pretty narrow tires. The sound system on the car that I drove sounded really nice.

·
Registered
151 Posts
As the title asks, what newer EV's have you driven?What were your like and dislikes?
I drove the Mach-E and enjoyed it. It was quiet, and I liked the size and interior layout, but I will say I was not crazy about the massive infotainment screen. The ride was a bit on the harsh side and it did seen to have some pretty narrow tires. The sound system on the car that I drove sounded really nice.
I have driven two BEV cars. Jaguar i-Pace: very quiet, very fast with a luxury interior layout. Driving was fun but the car felt very heavy. Mach-e AWD: I really enjoyed driving this car. Its i-pedal worked really well and I did not find the suspension too harsh. Sadly the car was let down by its interior design, especially the too large infotainment screen.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have driven the Tesla Model S a couple of year back, more recently the Model Y, Audi e-tron and VW ID.4, didn't care for the Mustang Mach E, never looked into driving it. The ID.4 had pretty good room and was a decent driving EV but just didn't have the power I wanted. The Model Y was properly quick but the ride was harsh and the road noise was horrendous, plus the build quality was bad. Mismatched panels, paint on bumper was different than on the body, interior trim misaligned. The sad thing was all the cars at this store was the same, even the ones that just came of the truck. I was really ready to get one but the issues were too many to overlook. The e-tron had everything else beat. The build quality, inside and out is fantastic, ride comfort and noise level is excellent, the power is pretty good and the boost mode gives a nice kick. The B&O sound system is pretty good bot I fell the Stinger had a better system. Liked it so much I bought one.

Why am I looking again in such a short time? The e tron had a couple issues that had it in the shop and one visit lasted almost a month. Last time I got an Audi was back in 2000 and that car died after I got it home. Didn't bother with another for 20 years and it seems like the same thing all over again, although this time, it was 1 month and not 1 day to break. I've had 3 KIA Optima (still have on in the family) and a Stinger and they have not had major issues. Since July, I have not had any issues with it but my confidence is shaken with Audi and long term reliability. With the Genesis GV60 out now, that one now has my attention.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Owner of an ID.4 (RWD) and test rode a Mach-E Premium recently. The Mach-E is most definitely more aggressive - in acceleration and braking. I quite liked it (especially with the giant sunroof and overall visibility) and put a deposit on a 2022. My ID.4 is basically a couch on wheels and is a perfect family EV SUV (not for me). I'd fully recommend it for folks coming from RAV4s and want something bland that is white/grey/black. It doesn't have Tesla acceleration but the power is linear and smooth from bottom to top. Have not test rode a Tesla in years (tried a friend's Model 3 not long after it was available but only in a parking lot).

My ID.4 has some electrical glitches also in the first month (seems like VW and Audi have EV issues) so I don't fully trust it. Mach-E supposedly has some gremlins too - mostly related to the 12V system and Pass As A Key. I'm looking for something sportier so EV6 and Mach-E are high on my list. The Model Y I have on order - I will only accept if magically Tesla is eligible for the $7500 tax credit in 2022 - then I will sell it for an EV6 when that is available :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have driven 65,000 miles in Jaguar I-Pace and am now looking around for it's replacement. I have to say it's going to be a tough act to follow - very smooth, fast, comfortable.
I chose it after test driving Tesla Model X, and considering Model S, but will not be considering any Tesla this time around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts