Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I test drove a Mach E in January and pre ordered one. Very good drive but not as smooth as the EV6 and the interior just doesn’t have the same quality feel and the massive tablet isn’t integrated as the EV6 displays are. After I got my EV6 (luckily at MSRP).last week I canceled my MachE order.
Another big problem with Mach E is that if you preorder a Mach E now the delivery time is at least 5 months out. At that point Ford will have sold more than 200,000 EV’s ( by march/April this year) at which point is doesn’t qualify for the $7,500 federal tax credit any more. The ford dealer had several Mach E’s in inventory but they were all marked up by $10,000

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's my understanding that the 200k sold is worldwide not just the U.S. And fed tax credits decline over quarters rather than end abruptly.
200K in the US only - includes all PHEVs and BEVs. Ford has been producing them for a while now.

And yes the tax credits phase out over a year (50%, 50%, 25%, 25% - are the four quarters).

There are things that the Mach-E does better than the EV6 - large usable infotainment system (EV6 and Ioniq 5 have a janky old system) and hands-free BlueCruise is amazing. I think the Mach-E with the large 99 kWh battery probably has more real world range since Ford submitted very low end EPA numbers. Both are about the same efficiency (much better than the inefficent Ioniq 5).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the clarification on the tax credits. I'd stopped considering the EV6 after reading a post here from an owner who's found rust on his new EV6 in just a few months in the NE. I'll see if I can find it again and post a link to it here.

That and the ADMs dealers are demanding are turn off too. My reserved Mach e has no ADM.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Tested a Mach-e twice and liked it more than expected- I'm not a fan of the SUV style, the autoparking demo in the dealer's lot was truly impressive, but the handling didn't feel right with the rear wheels unsettled on long, high speed curves, the GT with Magneride would probably fix that but at a price and wasn't available in the UK then. As soon I drove the EV6 I knew that was what I wanted, the handling is much better, sure footed at speed yet soaks up bumps. I prefer the looks, the instruments, the seats are more comfortable, you get V2L, summon and autopark on the key but most important the charge rate is so much better.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Loved the Porsche Taycan.
High price was a turn off and friends Taycans are in the shop most the time they’ve owned them.

Tesla S pretzel steering wheel and the transparent roof was a deal breaker. No headliner sun shade available for the newer model.
Appalling build quality of several neighbors S is a head scratcher too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks for the clarification on the tax credits. I'd stopped considering the EV6 after reading a post here from an owner who's found rust on his new EV6 in just a few months in the NE. I'll see if I can find it again and post a link to it here.

That and the ADMs dealers are demanding are turn off too. My reserved Mach e has no ADM.
Every vehicle on every dealers lots is marked up.
Try and get a F150 Lightning.
Dealer held our new Bronco order hostage for $3500.

EV6 can be found for MSRP if one is willing to wait.
Best value out there.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts