Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if the 2023 will have true OTA updates and not just for navigation and also if it will have wireless Apple Car Play and Android Auto. Of so might be worth waiting on.

·
Registered
183 Posts
From what I was told the OTA updates are only for navigation and audio system and not for anything else.
I you see the link for media with SW on it, which contains word maps, I am pretty sure you are right.
But having said that, this means OTA is possible, this makes it also possible to extend it :cool:

I can imagine they are carefull with it as it would be very painfull if an update fails and you loose for example ABS or airbag functionality...

·
Registered
642 Posts
But having said that, this means OTA is possible, this makes it also possible to extend it :cool:
Not if those other systems are not connected to the infotainment system in a way that allows them to receive updates. I assume that what @Steve2150 is alluding to in his question is: "will the '23 model have the Nvidia Drive system?" Hyundai has announced that all future Hyundai/Kia/Genesis models will be based on the Nvidia Drive system. OTA updates across multiple systems has been touted as one of the benefits of this system. For whatever reason, the EV6 and Ioniq 5 didn't quite make the cut to get that system (they're still based on the older Gen5W system). The '23 Sportage, as well is the Genesis GV60 are getting the new Nvidia Drive system. From Genesis' site, regarding the advanced capabilities of the GV60:

With the GV60, the OTA Software Update has been further expanded to include a variety of areas.

Previously, this function was used to wirelessly update infotainment system features, such as navigation, the digital instrument cluster, and the Head-Up-Display (HUD). With the GV60, the scope of the updates has been further expanded to other key areas of the vehicle, enabling additional software updates on major electronic devices including the electric vehicle integrated control device, suspension, brakes, steering wheel, airbags, and ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems).
I wouldn't expect this to be something the Gen5W hardware in the EV6 could handle. And personally, I would be surprised if they were to refresh the EV6 with a whole new system after only one year. Probably a couple years out.

·
Registered
GT-Line.
492 Posts
Other than the wiper, I hope the WIND comes standard with a sunroof or with the Tech Pkg. Also, I hope for the more advanced headlamps seen in other markers outside US/Canada/Mexico.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts