Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
One of the things to consider is whether you have solar installed, or intend to get it. A number of so-called smart chargers do not integrate with solar. Ohme for example don't, and have no plans to do so in the medium term. A Zappi can do this now. Just something to bear in mind. Oh and if you've only got a 60A fuse on an older property that can be an issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't really have a strong preference in brands, but suggest you think through whether you want one that connects to the web for "remote control". I just got a basic Juicebox, nothging fancy with a long cord as if you switch EVs the charging port location might change. I'd also say that you want to make sure it can charges at the max rate allowed by your wiring and accepted by your car. Its important to balance all those factors, as well as just how fast you really need to charge. You can save a lot of money if you are willing to charge at a slower rate.

Sorry for rambling....I just think its a complicated decision.
Hi, in the UK we have to have a smart charger installed at home. Obviously for the day when these can be controlled remotely...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts