Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Powered by diesel (for now).
184 Posts
Saw one at local dealer and it’s not boring to look at like an ID3/4.

·
Registered
2 Posts
(UK)

Wanted an EV capable of 250 miles even in winter, I have a good number of work days nearing that and while i'm happy to charge on the go, I didn't want to be obliged to. I was looking at smaller cars, for me a better size, but a £35k Kia Soul looks so dated compared to a basic EV6 Air at £41k. 3500 miles in, very happy with my decision, and as the weather is warming up here in the UK my mpkWh has continued to improve.

·
Registered
5 Posts
  • If you were considering the Hyundai IONIQ5, why did you choose the EV6 instead? - Because it was available that day and Ioniq 5 wasn't; at least not within 100 miles of me. If I had seen an Ioniq 5 Limited AWD for the right price and didn't see an EV6 I think I would have just as happily bought that car instead. Why those trims only? Because of HUD. Do I think it's essential? No, but I was willing to splurge a bit to indulge this midlife crisis that day. I think Wind AWD with tech package could have swayed me( or the equivalent for Ioniq 5), maybe, even without HUD.

• If you were considering the Ford Mach-E, why did you choose the EV6 instead? - I did not. But we were not seriously considering buying a car until just days before the purchase. It was just a combination of my car being old and chronically needing repairs, my wife's car getting old as well(and she drives way more than me) and seeing my neighbor's Ioniq 5 AND EV6 and getting to ride in them that got me to want to sell my car and get one of these for her to drive primarily.

• What other EVs lost out to the EV6? Model Y LR, ID.4, Ioniq 5 and EV6 were on my radar. I'm not sure if I would have gone through with an ID.4 purchase. I had the least amount of exposure to ID.4 leading up to the purchase and now that we have an EV6 I've stopped looking so I guess I'll never know. I know for sure I would have gone with Ioniq 5 limited AWD(we bought a GTL AWD) if EV6 GTL AWD was NOT available. I think my choice would have been tougher to make if for some reason I was in a situation where I could have either the Model Y LR, Ioniq 5 or EV6 on that fateful Friday(so realistically Model Y was out as well). But luckily my only choice that day was a blue EV6 so I didn't have to choose between cars. Also I had the delusion of buying a Rivian R1S for a while but the recent price price increase, uber-long lead time and some other factors made me give up on it and that allowed for a quick purchase decision resulting in an EV6 being in our garage.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind RWD
39 Posts
This is my first electric. I was initially shopping for a commuter car for my 15 mile drive to work, so I considered the Leaf Plus. The lower trims of the Ioniq 5, EV6 and Mach E were bit of a stretch for my budget but I considered them and drove them all because I am 6’6” and needed a bigger seat and more room. The Ioniq 5 was the roomiest, but while I like the style of it fine, I think the exterior will become dated more quickly. In the end, the EV6 Wind offered the best value to me of range, features, quality, and look. Good balance of room and sport and came in “leather” without affecting range (what’s up with that Hyundai?!?). The interior is more refined than Hyundai and I couldn’t get past the ugliness of the Mach-E screen (also those seemed impossible to find). Lastly, I found my EV6 available at a dealer with relatively minimal markup.

I have had it for 4 days and I am in LOVE.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Because test-driving vehicles is maddeningly difficult right now, I am going to have to live vicariously through others -- thank you in advance! I realize these are total softball question to a biased audience, and I'm fine with that:

• If you were considering the Hyundai IONIQ5, why did you choose the EV6 instead?

• If you were considering the Ford Mach-E, why did you choose the EV6 instead?

• What other EVs lost out to the EV6?
I don't like the interior in the Ioniq, too pale and everything looks a bit glued in so I never considered it, love the lights though. I liked the Mach-e and test drove it twice but the handling left something to be desired especially on long fast curves, my wife noticed it and she doesn't drive much, but then she is used to riding in SAAB chassis. It also looks similar to so many CUVs.

I very much liked the 21st century looks of the EV6 but what tipped it was:-
1) 800v fast charging . if I have to stop on a road trip I want it to be as quick as possible.
2) HUD. Minimal eye movement makes a huge difference to tiredness on long trips
3) Paddle selected regen. Freewheel on the freeway and i-pedal for the city, my choice not the car's - although that's an option too. The i-pedal is fantastic around town, you have total control , no surprises and it took me about 1 minute to get used to it.
3) Actual buttons I can feel for. I struggle to dial a number on a smartphone while driving so even 1 menu level poses a risk.
4) 360 camera, autopark, front and rear collision detection, park and unpark on the key fob. Why isn't there a dashcam option?
5) Long warranty. EVs are new tech with new problems that haven't been discovered yet.
Having said that there is still no substitute for test driving and getting the seat-of-the-pants feel. I would never buy a car without first driving it, even though it meant the delivery is delayed longer than I'd feared. To me the EV6 felt just as I'd want, comfy seats, firmly planted, holds the line perfectly in bends but soaks up bumps,a real mile eater whatever the road type.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I looked at the MME and Tesla 3/Y. I just didn't like the Tesla with the one screen controlling everything and having to take your eyes off the road to change anything. I also didn't care for a too stiff suspension and the tax rebate being gone. I think the Tesla S would be more my speed but too expensive.

I ended up getting the EV6 over the MME because it was available. I looked for an MME and EV6 with my desired configuration, AWD, extended range. I actually ended up getting the EV6 GT-Line RWD after test driving it. The RWD had plenty of power and handled well. I also didn't plan on driving in the snow, ever. That and it was available for purchase that day. I never did test drive the MME.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We wanted the Ioniq 5 Limited AWD. Was looking for a couple months and then the markup started increasing. I was on the waitlist on every dealer in the west coast that had a reasonable markup ($5k or less) and still wasn't going anywhere on getting one. So we finally took a look at the EV6 as a replacement and found that we liked it a ton. The best part is that the mid trim Wind still had the features we wanted like ventilated and memory seats without going to the highest trim like the Ioniq 5.

We may have bought a Model Y if it was in the ball-park price of the EV6 but its just way more expensive now...and the suspension isn't great for a family car. The Teslas definitely have a superior powertrain and software but the Kia has comfort and amenities down pat. We also found one on a lot and they were only charging $4k over sticker with add-ons which was what i was willing to pay. Honestly, we love the car and we are sticking with it long-term for now. Going in for full PPF soon :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
(UK)

Wanted an EV capable of 250 miles even in winter, I have a good number of work days nearing that and while i'm happy to charge on the go, I didn't want to be obliged to. I was looking at smaller cars, for me a better size, but a £35k Kia Soul looks so dated compared to a basic EV6 Air at £41k. 3500 miles in, very happy with my decision, and as the weather is warming up here in the UK my mpkWh has continued to improve.
What sort of m/kWh are you getting?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts