Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my AWD KIA EV6 today and after spending a few hours in it there’s lots to be happy about but I’m a bit disappointed by how loud the wind noise is coming in the drivers side window if I’m going anything over 30 mph.

I’ve checked the seals around the door/window and all seems to be as it should be. All the reviews I’ve read/watched describe the cabin as quiet.

Just wondered if others have found the wind noise loud on the drivers side window? Don’t know if it’s something I will have to just put up with or whether I should go back to the dealer about it? In all the cars I’ve ever owned I’ve never even noticed the sound of wind coming in from outside the car, which makes me think it might be a mistake. I mean I can hear it over the stereo it’s that loud.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
613 Posts
Just picked up my AWD KIA EV6 today and after spending a few hours in it there’s lots to be happy about but I’m a bit disappointed by how loud the wind noise is coming in the drivers side window if I’m going anything over 30 mph.

I’ve checked the seals around the door/window and all seems to be as it should be. All the reviews I’ve read/watched describe the cabin as quiet.

Just wondered if others have found the wind noise loud on the drivers side window? Don’t know if it’s something I will have to just put up with or whether I should go back to the dealer about it? In all the cars I’ve ever owned I’ve never even noticed the sound of wind coming in from outside the car, which makes me think it might be a mistake. I mean I can hear it over the stereo it’s that loud.
Hey there @jhothehornet, happy Saturday and welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your new EV6. I would definitely say that something is out of place. Possibly some insulation in the front fender near your door hinge? Possibly the "rear seal" that meets where the rear edge of the front door window meets the front edge of the rear door window?

Hoping that you find it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts