Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 KIA EV6 WIND AWD BLACK
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week after I bought my EV6 a rock chipped my windshield. It was deemed too bad to simply repair and would need to be replaced. The problem: there weren’t extra windshields just laying around. So, after getting the windshield delivered to my dealership, I showed up to find out that the windshield had been totally shattered at deliver. So…I waited some more. Finally, got the windshield in and replaced at the dealership and all was good for a few weeks.

Then, while washing my car, my son noted that the PLASTIC piece on the side of the windshield was fairly lose…even wobbly. Well, with my ADHD brain I forgot about it until the next day my wife and I noticed a weird noise and then a piece flew by her window. At this point I wasn’t sure if something had come off another car in front of us and flew by her window or if it was something off my car. So, I got of at the next exit, found a place to park, and walked around the car to see what it was.

What I found was THIS!
Car Vehicle Automotive carrying rack Automotive lighting Window

Then the more I looked I started finding all kinds of issues with the windshield replacement.
Cloud Sky Daytime Eye Sunlight

Wheel Water Street light Sky Plant

Wheel Plant Sky Automotive tire Bicycle tire

So, I called my contacts at the dealership and, like normal, they set out to take care of me, only to find out that this PLASTIC piece is on BACK ORDER! So, now I‘m riding around in my $60,000 KIA EV6 with not only a PLASTIC piece of my car missing, but with gaffers tape and duct tape in place of the PLASTIC piece that’s missing.

Automotive parking light Window Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Window Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Do you know embarrassing it is to be seen in town with DUCT TAPE on your NEW KIA EV6?!?!?!

In closing…am I the only one that is surprised by all of the PLASTIC on the EV6?

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line AWD
24 Posts
Do you know embarrassing it is to be seen in town with DUCT TAPE on your NEW KIA EV6?!?!?!

In closing…am I the only one that is surprised by all of the PLASTIC on the EV6?
Well, embarrassment is solely on the individual. I stopped caring years ago what anyone thinks about me, aside from my family. If someone is going to judge me by what I drive, wear, etc., that is on them.

When it comes to windshield replacement, my experience has been that dealerships dont have the experience to do this on their own and will often times bring in a 3rd party. It is obvious that whoever did your replacement did not take their time to do it correctly. The dealership should be fixing the seal issues along with the trim.

As for the amount of plastic, yes, you are the only one surprised by this. Every manufacturer has been doing more and more interior and exterior pieces out of plastic over the years, I would assume mostly due to cost. I personally dont think that any vehicle over $40k should have black plastic trim around the wheel wells (it should be color matched to the body), but they all do it. You cant even get color matched trim on the Sorento now, but up until '20 you would on the highest trim.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,373 Posts
Sorry to read your issues and I hope your issues are resolved quickly and I am sure you have a better eye over the work when completed.

P.S. Kids know best ;) (y)

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think they may have had a bad batch of those garnishes - I and at least one other person I know had warped pieces that stuck out far and wouldn't go flush when pushed back into position. Maybe it's people getting them replaced, or maybe they're redoing the tooling for them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A week after I bought my EV6 a rock chipped my windshield. It was deemed too bad to simply repair and would need to be replaced. The problem: there weren’t extra windshields just laying around. So, after getting the windshield delivered to my dealership, I showed up to find out that the windshield had been totally shattered at deliver. So…I waited some more. Finally, got the windshield in and replaced at the dealership and all was good for a few weeks.

Then, while washing my car, my son noted that the PLASTIC piece on the side of the windshield was fairly lose…even wobbly. Well, with my ADHD brain I forgot about it until the next day my wife and I noticed a weird noise and then a piece flew by her window. At this point I wasn’t sure if something had come off another car in front of us and flew by her window or if it was something off my car. So, I got of at the next exit, found a place to park, and walked around the car to see what it was.

What I found was THIS!
View attachment 8011

Then the more I looked I started finding all kinds of issues with the windshield replacement.
View attachment 8013
View attachment 8012
View attachment 8014

So, I called my contacts at the dealership and, like normal, they set out to take care of me, only to find out that this PLASTIC piece is on BACK ORDER! So, now I‘m riding around in my $60,000 KIA EV6 with not only a PLASTIC piece of my car missing, but with gaffers tape and duct tape in place of the PLASTIC piece that’s missing.

View attachment 8016
View attachment 8015

If someone gives your fix the look, you should let them know that duct tape helped save the lives of the Apollo 13 astronauts. Seriously though, I think this is one of the perils of being an early adopter of game changing tech. Though the EV6 has been very successful in the EV space, it still doesn’t have the volumes that KIA’s ICE offerings have to fill up their parts channel to be ready to fix any and every contingency at every dealership from the get go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What do you expect with flat rate employees? They don't give two fucks about the car bc they can't afford one on the slave wage there being paid. Again you get what you pay at stealerships.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts