Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
326 Posts
I just test drove one and the dealer seemed to think it would be enabled in a software upgrade at some point, couldn't say when though
If it were software, it would have been implemented by now in this OS. I firmly believe that the hurdle is hardware and thus won't be available until a model refresh 3 years from now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Which one, what price and from where ...... will look forward to your success.
Kia gave me a dongle to play about with on one of their test cars a few weeks back, and it easily paired with my iPhone via Bluetooth. The representation on the 12.3 inch screen was fine with no lag.
Although this is ok, the front USB slot is occupied with this dongle.
I would have expected Kia to have resolved this prior to the release of the EV6, or at the very least to have offered a dongle free of charge until the OTA software is enabled.

Just wondering, now that people are getting their cars, has anyone got android auto wireless up and running via a dingle? Does it work OK? Any lag or bugs?
If it were software, it would have been implemented by now in this OS. I firmly believe that the hurdle is hardware and thus won't be available until a model refresh 3 years from now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Or through the use of aftermarket solutions. AAWireless seems to have lot's of positive messaging with regards to it's use. Have an order in for the Jan 2022 lot, looking forward to it.

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
326 Posts
If it's hardware, then how does a wired connection get around that??
A wired connection will always work better. Wireless internet gets wonky. Wireless charging gets wonky.

I'm assuming that the hardware that Kia contracted with 4 years ago can't handle two cell phones, cellular for Kia Connect & OTA, AND a wireless signal for the ACP/AA.

When you purchase a "dongle" do handle it for you, what you're buying is new HARDWARE that is allowing it to function as WIRED through the USB jack. shrugs

The only units that allow the wireless function from Kia are the units with a different hardware set on the 8" screen that do NOT allow the cellular connection for Kia Connect and OTA capability. I'd rather have the big screen and Kia Connect/OTA personally.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Perhaps, but phone battery really isn't an issue for me so a tickle charge is more than enough.

My priority is having a functioning android auto. Other cars have demonstrated that it is possible to do this wirelessly so I think it's reasonable to expect it on a 2021 car that costs over 50k.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts