Kia EV6 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've got wireless Car Play with this pretty cheap adapter and it works great. I tried the CPLAY2air which I bought for $120which was around £90 UK delivered. It plugs in the the USB A socket and tucks in nicely. One the phone is paired that's it. The car senses that its installed so it connects up reasonably fast from a cold start. The phone once pairs can sit in the wireless charger. There are a few audio glitches if you change to an App whilst spotify is playing but I get the same on my phone so I don't think it's the unit. CPLAY2air say they have an apple sourced or approved chip set and it looks that way. I'll update when I have more time to play. So far so good.
Thanks for the heads up - just ordered one!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Has wireless ACP/AA "available", which is the key. The entry level 8" screen comes with it. I am very certain that the 12" system will be wired.
Won't the upcoming Sportage be based on the Nvidia Drive system? It would be a HUGE oversight to not include wireless AA/Carplay. Especially on the higher optioned version.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
326 Posts
But theres no "available" option on any trim line of the EV6 currently. Atleast they get an option.
I don't know how much of an option it is to offer something on the trim that no one wants to buy. LOL

Won't the upcoming Sportage be based on the Nvidia Drive system? It would be a HUGE oversight to not include wireless AA/Carplay. Especially on the higher optioned version.
I have no idea but the system looks like it uses the same OS as our newest vehicle system upgrade. We've only been using this current OS for 24 months so I don't expect it to change drastically for a couple more years. Manufacturers sign contracts with suppliers to buy their product for a period of time.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've got wireless Car Play with this pretty cheap adapter and it works great. I tried the CPLAY2air which I bought for $120which was around £90 UK delivered. It plugs in the the USB A socket and tucks in nicely. One the phone is paired that's it. The car senses that its installed so it connects up reasonably fast from a cold start. The phone once pairs can sit in the wireless charger. There are a few audio glitches if you change to an App whilst spotify is playing but I get the same on my phone so I don't think it's the unit. CPLAY2air say they have an apple sourced or approved chip set and it looks that way. I'll update when I have more time to play. So far so good.
Hi Jon, I bought a CPLAY2air as you found it did the job. However I seem to have a problem. It comes up with the Apple app list, plays music etc. but I can see no "Home" button to take me back to the Kia home screen (now solved after my wife pointed out the Kia button!), nor indeed any way to use it in split-screen mode. Also the gadget appears to use both Bluetooth and WiFi. I get a connection to KiaFE and a message then appears on my phone to say "no internet connection". I do not get a 4G signal where the car is parked on only a week 3G. Could that be the problem? Could you help please?

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just hope you don't get any issues with it....their customer service is supposed to be shocking if you take a look around.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discovered one minor issue with the wireless adapter I ordered. My wife is an iPhone user and I am on android. She drives the car more often and I'm not bothered about android auto so just got the wireless carplay adapter for her to use. But now when I drive the car by myself, the car still sees a car play device (the carlinkit) as connected and I can't use Bluetooth phone functionality with my android phone. The Bluetooth audio works fine, but the Bluetooth for calls does not connect until I unplug the carplay adapter, which somewhat defeats the purpose of it being wireless if it has to be constantly unplugged and plugged in depending on who's driving.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discovered one minor issue with the wireless adapter I ordered. My wife is an iPhone user and I am on android. She drives the car more often and I'm not bothered about android auto so just got the wireless carplay adapter for her to use. But now when I drive the car by myself, the car still sees a car play device (the carlinkit) as connected and I can't use Bluetooth phone functionality with my android phone. The Bluetooth audio works fine, but the Bluetooth for calls does not connect until I unplug the carplay adapter, which somewhat defeats the purpose of it being wireless if it has to be constantly unplugged and plugged in depending on who's driving.
Simple solution. Get an iPhone. The adapter can deal with 2.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts