Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line RWD
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Automotive tire Grille Automotive design Motor vehicle

I have a GT-Line RWD. Can the dealer even fix this? I know the other frunk isn't exactly huge but there's plenty of room under it since I don't have a front motor.

·
Registered
987 Posts
View attachment 2349

I have a GT-Line RWD. Can the dealer even fix this? I know the other frunk isn't exactly huge but there's plenty of room under it since I don't have a front motor.
Actually it’s correct. For reasons unbeknownst to us, all North American models get the smaller frunk, RWD or AWD.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It should be possible to order it from another market, but I would expect shipping costs would be a nightmare. This would only work if you order a huge amount of them. But I would expect that there would be huge market for it as the difference is quiet big. I ordered the RWD because of the bigger frunk. If it would be the same I would have gone for the more traction and power...

·
Registered
280 Posts
It’s the same deal with the Ioniq 5. In other markets the RWD has a bigger frunk, in the US it’s equally tiny across RWD and AWD. Speculation in Ioniq 5 forums is that it’s due to US safety regulations requiring an interior release handle for larger enclosed cargo spaces.
This.

What Ford did instead of force a ugly divider until they got the interior frunk release button working.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think the larger question here is why Kia engineers responded with this solution rather than the relatively straightforward process of adding an internal hood release. They can't possibly have failed to know about a 20-year-old regulation.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think the larger question here is why Kia engineers responded with this solution rather than the relatively straightforward process of adding an internal hood release. They can't possibly have failed to know about a 20-year-old regulation.
Follow the money.

It was value engineered out of our models ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 2349

Yes i got the same im really pissed I don’t want to put my car cover in the back , in arizona everything is covered with dust. There has got to be a way to go to parts dept in kia and order the larger frunk i also have RWD only model wind. 77 klw battery.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am not sure if this is the correct one, but I see similar products and costs are qround 100Euro..

·
Registered
97 Posts
They won't have the light or the means of opening on the inside required by US Legislation as neither of these items are required in Europe or UK. We stopped locking kids in the boot a long time ago!!! 🤣😂☺

·
Registered
BMW 530i xdrive. EV6 GT line AWD on order.
11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
They won't have the light or the means of opening on the inside required by US Legislation as neither of these items are required in Europe or UK. We stopped locking kids in the boot a long time ago!!! 🤣😂☺
I thought people here had stopped doing that, but this news story from last month says not all people have stopped...
Woman locks son in trunk to quarantine him

1 - 20 of 56 Posts