Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my car for 6 days and had Zombie mode about 4 times.
The walking well away from the car trick has worked so far for me.Told my dealer and Service are supposed to be coming back to me.Was this sorted with a software update because?. Very annoyingly I asked them I wanted all updates and the Infotainmemt seems to be only up to July last year!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just remember to always have your foot on the brake when you press the s button.
Thanks.I do now do that religiously and also have taken to putting the parking Brake and Neutral on before turning off.But despite that it has still done it.The only cure seems to be taking the key as far from the car as possible and a little bit of time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh the irony of it….

Three months of owning our ev6 and not one occurrence of this problem until I comment on this board. Went out, jumped in the car doing everything the same as I have been and bang! Can’t select any drive and battery light on. As you say, lock it and walked away for 20 minutes and she’s fine again though I did notice the UI and selecting the user profile was very sluggish on this trip out.

We’ll see what she’s like tomorrow and I hope I haven’t opened a door for a gremlin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had this happening to me about 5-6 times now. What I do is switch off the car, open and then close the door while still inside with the key(infotainment screen should be off at this stage), wait for 2-3 minutes until I hear the sound of the car completely shutting down (I get the notification that the car is not locked at the same time) then, start the car as usual with pedal pressed.
After the latest update I find that it takes a bit longer (maybe 5 minutes) for the car to shutdown completely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts