Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line S RWD HP
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I visited my local Lidl to charge up my EV6. It's the closest 50kW charger and at 26p per kW it's cheaper than my current flexible tariff at home.

I parked up, plugged in, initiated the charge via the Kia Charge app, locked the car and went inside to grab some lunch.

I walked back to the vehicle, opened the door and pressed the start button turning on Utility Mode so I could listen to music while eating.

When the vehicle reached 90% about 40 minutes later, the charging stopped and I unplugged the cable.

When I got back in the car I tried to turn it off and nothing happened. I tried selecting drive and nothing happened.

I pressed the break paddle and tried the above but again nothing. I tried using the key to press the start button and again nothing happened. I also tried getting out of the car and locking the doors but that wouldn't work either. I was totally stuck.

After reading the manual, calling my local dealer and waiting for a call back the issue resolved itself. 20 minutes later

I also tweeted Kia who said
"There are three recently released service actions for your dealer to complete, one of them being the start logic improvement."

I already have an appointment at my local dealership on Mondays for the HVAC issue so I'm hoping they'll be able to sort this out too.

It seems to always happen if I turn the car on or into utility mode and then get out (with the key in my pocket) to open the rear doors or get/put something in the boot.

Has anyone else has this issue? How long did it take to resolve?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Today, I visited my local Lidl to charge up my EV6. It's the closest 50kW charger and at 26p per kW it's cheaper than my current flexible tariff at home.

I parked up, plugged in, initiated the charge via the Kia Charge app, locked the car and went inside to grab some lunch.

I walked back to the vehicle, opened the door and pressed the start button turning on Utility Mode so I could listen to music while eating.

When the vehicle reached 90% about 40 minutes later, the charging stopped and I unplugged the cable.

When I got back in the car I tried to turn it off and nothing happened. I tried selecting drive and nothing happened.

I pressed the break paddle and tried the above but again nothing. I tried using the key to press the start button and again nothing happened. I also tried getting out of the car and locking the doors but that wouldn't work either. I was totally stuck.

After reading the manual, calling my local dealer and waiting for a call back the issue resolved itself. 20 minutes later

I also tweeted Kia who said
"There are three recently released service actions for your dealer to complete, one of them being the start logic improvement."

I already have an appointment at my local dealership on Mondays for the HVAC issue so I'm hoping they'll be able to sort this out too.

It seems to always happen if I turn the car on or into utility mode and then get out (with the key in my pocket) to open the rear doors or get/put something in the boot.

Has anyone else has this issue? How long did it take to resolve?
We had this too after charging with an Instavolt charger and we had the car in Accessory mode to listen to the radio while charging. We were able to drive away to another car park, but we then couldn’t get the car going again when we wanted to leave. It took about 10 minutes.

After some furious pressing of the EV button, then opening and closing the charging door and car boot and also locking and walking away from the vehicle and back again it then started up first time.

I’m not sure which of those things sorted it, if any.

We took our car into the dealer for something else early this week and it had 3 updates installed; Heating, Traction and Start. The latter is probably the one that Kia referred to in their tweet. We only had the issue once but i know others have had this issue many times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had this happen to me several times now. Long press method on the EV button did not resolve the issue, instead I find the following worked for me.
1. Switch off the car normally
2.Open and close driver side door, the infotainment screen should now switch off. If not, try to switch off the car again.
3. Wait for the car to completely switch off (This takes around 1-2 minutes till you hear a sound from the car disengaging, this is also the same time you get the car not locked notification on your Kia connect app on the phone)
3. Start car as usual with pedal pressed and all will be good.

One more issue I find is sometimes the car cannot detect the key if it is put inside the cup holder. I usually have it in my jacket.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line S RWD HP
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The local dealership have made 3 modifications today, one of these being the "start logic improvement" so hopefully this won't happen again. I'll know in just a few days when I go to Lidl and charge up again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts