Kia EV6 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
I've just had a call from the KIA dealership (Flear and Thomson, Stirling) to say that my delayed April delivery, then moved to an August date, has been further delayed until December 2022 at the earliest. What are KIA doing, as they seem to be delivering so many to the USA, that they are available off of the dealers lot with no delays to customers!!!
This was the issue for people like me when they made the First Editions for the USA market our pre orders were delayed to get the car seen in the USA.

Registered
It really seems as if making all car sales EV only by 2030 is a pipe dream!!
No! I'm sure if you ordered now you'd get it some time before 2030!!!!:ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO::eek:

Registered
Hi Everyone,
Do you have any updates about the deliveries. As I read a lot of threads in the forum that many of the EV6s delayed and delayed. Even some of the deliveries have been postponed to 2024!
I ordered my EV6 Plus RWD in March 2022. It supposed to be delivered in June 2022. but delayed to July and then to August. Now, there is no certain information yet. Dealer told me that it is planned to get into the production at the week 28 but they are not sure until it gets into the production already.
I am worried about additional delays until end of 2022 or more...

Registered
Over the weekend just had the one year anniversary since placing the order for my EV6.
No champagne, flowers, congratulations, or a simple 鈥瀞orry鈥 from my dealer, so today I called him myself, just to find out that still no VIN or planned production date for my car.

Registered
Not really the normal case for order... I got the opportunity to order a car, that another customer cancelled. So I had no options to change anything, but I'm fine with the configurations. Ordered in april this year, and getting it on wednesday.

Registered
Not really the normal case for order... I got the opportunity to order a car, that another customer cancelled. So I had no options to change anything, but I'm fine with the configurations. Ordered in april this year, and getting it on wednesday.
Very interesting. Some people ordered a year ago and still waiting for production date and some people just order and gets within 2 months (no offense here). Is it really related to how you squeeze the dealer?

Registered
Still haven't heard anything from my dealer and am expecting delivery in August... Hopefully it won't be delayed as if it gets pushed to next year it basically gets 2k euro more expensive.

Registered
Still haven't heard anything from my dealer and am expecting delivery in August... Hopefully it won't be delayed as if it gets pushed to next year it basically gets 2k euro more expensive.
You should call them to learn the car is already manufactured or not. It takes around 10-11 weeks to ship the car which is manufactured. Most probably your car have been manufactured. Even you can get VIN number of the car.
My dealer shared the tentative schedule with me. They do not know exact dates until the car gets into the production. I will call them for update next week.
Prices are already increased on 01 June but we already have the order in place. They will not reflect the price increase to us (at least they should not).
My dealer told me that they will provide 2023 model instead of 2022 with the same price. Reason is production of 2022 model have been stopped at the end of May.

Edited: I could not wait and talked to the dealer. They added up +2 weeks to the production plan. It seems they postpone the production everyday. Very disappointed...

Registered
Very interesting. Some people ordered a year ago and still waiting for production date and some people just order and gets within 2 months (no offense here). Is it really related to how you squeeze the dealer?
Went to the dealer:
Me: "Hi, do you have any cancelled orders on an EV6?"
Dealer: "The matter the fact, I do"
Me: "What spec and color?"
Dealer: "Base model, grey"
Me: "SAY NO MORE"

Well. Basically something like that.

Registered
You have a contract at the time you ordered. Price fixed at that time. It would have to be a very significant change in specification etc for them to attempt to change the price.

Registered
Over the weekend just had the one year anniversary since placing the order for my EV6.
No champagne, flowers, congratulations, or a simple 鈥瀞orry鈥 from my dealer, so today I called him myself, just to find out that still no VIN or planned production date for my car.
I think the problem with your order is the colour. You might want to have a chat with your dealer about a possible alternative. Kia is advising very long delays for matte grey cars.

Registered
I think the problem with your order is the colour. You might want to have a chat with your dealer about a possible alternative. Kia is advising very long delays for matte grey cars.
From what I am reading in these forms, the problem with my order is with everything (LR-Big battery, AWD-Two electrical motors, sun roof, reclining/comfort seats, (with all the additional chips needed for all these functions) and finally the color.)
And for sure all the time, at least one of the problems is there if not all of them. I start loosing my faith that I am going to ever get this car. I actually wanted to change the color, but the dealer has no knowledge about any color issues thus the color can not be changed unless I accept to move to the end of the queue.

Registered
You have a contract at the time you ordered. Price fixed at that time. It would have to be a very significant change in specification etc for them to attempt to change the price.
Yeah, it's not the DEALER increasing the price, it's the tax return due to it being a eco friendly car that gets changed next year to be 2k euro less than it is this year.

BUT! That said, I went past my dealer today to ask if they had any news about the delivery since I was worried about the delays spoken about here. He told me the car is actually arriving to Sweden week 28 rather than 32 and it will most likely be at their lot week 30! So I'm hitting all the jackpots with this car lol.

Registered
You should call them to learn the car is already manufactured or not. It takes around 10-11 weeks to ship the car which is manufactured. Most probably your car have been manufactured. Even you can get VIN number of the car.
My dealer shared the tentative schedule with me. They do not know exact dates until the car gets into the production. I will call them for update next week.
Prices are already increased on 01 June but we already have the order in place. They will not reflect the price increase to us (at least they should not).
My dealer told me that they will provide 2023 model instead of 2022 with the same price. Reason is production of 2022 model have been stopped at the end of May.

Edited: I could not wait and talked to the dealer. They added up +2 weeks to the production plan. It seems they postpone the production everyday. Very disappointed...
Went by the dealer today, car comes to sweden in 2 weeks and then it takes + 2 weeks for it to come to the dealers lot. So I'll be getting mine EARLIER instead :D. Amazing since I ordered mine just a few weeks ago.

Registered
Went to the dealer:
Me: "Hi, do you have any cancelled orders on an EV6?"
Dealer: "The matter the fact, I do"
Me: "What spec and color?"
Dealer: "Base model, grey"
Me: "SAY NO MORE"

Well. Basically something like that.
That's what I did as well. Took the first offer they had for a GT Line and basically forced my company to lock it in. Amazing how smooth that was and the dealer was really happy to get it sold directly as it was a cancellation

41 - 60 of 97 Posts